We have extensive experience in representing clients in all types of Road Traffic offences and are happy to advise and represent anyone facing prosecution. These matters can be, and usually are, technical and may also require the instruction of an independent expert to provide a report.
scope of work
We base our fees upon the level of work involved in preparing a defence. Work likely to be involved would include:
- attending upon you to obtain instructions and providing initial advice of any defence available;
- receiving papers from you and obtaining initial disclosure from the prosecution;
- advising on the strength of evidence intended to be adduced by the prosecution and any weaknesses evident in your own case;
- dependent upon the perceived prosecution case, advising on pleas and the possible sentence the court could impose upon conviction;
- interviewing and taking statements from possible witnesses;
- obtaining expert evidence; representation before the Court at trial or plea and advising upon possible against conviction and/or sentence.
For representation before the court where a guilty plea is intended our fees are £750 to £1,250 plus VAT and disbursements which would include:
- Taking Instructions and Advising on Plea and Likely Sentence
- Obtaining and Considering the Prosecution Evidence
- Preparation of a Plea in Mitigation
- Representation before the Court at One Hearing
- Advising upon Appeal against the Sentence Imposed.
For representation where a not guilty plea is intended it is extremely difficult to provide a realistic estimation of the costs involved because every case is different and turn upon their own facts. Our fees on such cases are charged at an hourly rate depending upon the member of staff dealing with your case. Click here for information on our hourly rates.
We are able to offer a free interview of 1 hour duration to provide initial advice and consider the likely work necessary to prepare for trial, as well as providing advice on ways and means of minimising costs. An indicative fee would be £1,500 to £2,000 plus VAT on the first day and an additional £1,000 to £1,500 plus VAT for each subsequent day
AM Strachan & Co, Hourly Rates
Please see individual Legal Service Pages for further explanation and cost details. However, for your reference our hourly are set out below:-
- Principal from £325 to £380
- Senior Solicitor from £255 to £300
- Consultant Solicitor/Solicitor from £225 to £275
- Litigation Executives from £200 to £250
- Trainee Solicitor/Paralegal from £150 to £200
These rates accord with the Guidance of The Senior Courts Office